This content requires Adobe Flash Player and a browser with JavaScript enabled.
Built on Flash Panorama Player.

Piazza del Campo :: Siena 2008

The shell-shaped Piazza del Campo lies at the heart of Siena and has served as a focus for life in the city for centuries. The Palazzo Pubblico (Town Hall), which stands proudly at the top of the piazza, was constructed between 1297 and 1310 as the seat of the Governo dei Nove, or Government of Nine, who ruled Siena from 1287-1355.

click here to go back to pano page